Tuesday 6 March 2018

Cold Chisel, My Baby — (43) Cool in Bygone Days

Image credit. Apparently, this is the silhouette of baobab trees, which turn up in the lyrics of another great song: Azzurro.

I'm pushing the group's name to the front of the headline, shifting "(43) Cool in Bygone Days" to the back in a shy effort to increase my blog's visibility. Soon half of Australia will be reading my articles.

Seriously speaking, I wonder just how popular Cold Chisel still is in Australia. I had an Australian friend, a fellow-student in Cambridge, who kindly gave me two cassettes of Cold Chisel as a present. It's funny, I hardly remember listening to this music in Cambridge but can vividly recall my listening and dancing to it in my tiny room in Oxford.

Recently, I sent a business friend, who was off to a tour of Australia, a link to Breakfast At Sweethearts and since then have been browsing YouTube for the group's songs off and on, when suddenly the below tune entered my head to settle there as an ear worm, a melody that keeps replaying in your mind whether you like or not; in fact, I think, I was humming the tune when getting out of bed this morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment