Wednesday 8 March 2017

La Remontada

Image credit.


Will FC Barcelona achieve la remontada? A successful comeback from the first leg lost 0-4 to Paris Saint Germain?

I'm more of a FC Barcelona man, than a Real Madrid fan, traditionally. But I'd prefer a French victory over the Catalans.

I'm beginning to have enough of the personality cult surrounding Lionel Messi, and the scenes of exultation in which Neymar, Suarez and Messi dance about like the three best looking girls in class sticking together by virtue of their self-conscious exceptionalism.

In fact, I fervently hope, PSG is going to prevail, eventually advancing into a Champions League final against Bayern München.

The odds, I would think, are sligtly in favour of the French; but there is a serious chance for the Spaniards to work a little wonder.

It will be most helpful for PSG to score, making la remontada that more daunting.


The most interesting European league to watch is The Premier League, with six teams capable of winning the championship.

However, I'm disgusted with Manchester United, who are spending astronomical sums only to ruin the great club's reputation, wasting € 100 mio. on  Pogba, still a mere talent, and paying a fortune for the services of Mourinho, easily the most disastrous communicator among the more famous coaches.

I'm disgusted with Ibrahimovic's violent conduct against Bournemouth's Mings, who I fail to see stomping with intent on Ibra's ear. There is just no evidence for it. To the contrary, yet Mings gets a five-match ban, while Ibra is getting away with a three-match ban.

I used to be a Manchester United fan. That's over.

Good thing, Guardiola is shaping Manchester City into a formidable new force. Guardiola is a far more serious proposition than the farcical Mourinho whose round-the-clock sulky truculence strikes me as the irritating reflection of an immature and primitive persona.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be watching BVB tonight in German free Tv. I'm glad they didn't broadcast corrupt Bayern Munchen last night. Did you know Robben is doped just like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Claudia Pechstein?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't even heard about doping allegations directed at Robben. But I do know that "German free Tv" is doublespeak, to the third. Pay tv broadcasters do not coerce me to (watch and) pay them - I have a free choice to purchase their product or leave it. By contrast,"German free tv" forces me to pay them money, whether I like/use their product or not.

    ReplyDelete