Thursday 9 March 2017

La Remontada à la Betze

Image credit.


Barcelona have comeback 6:1 in their home match yesterday from a 0:4 defeat in Paris, advancing into the quarter finals of the Champions League (CL). I'm somewhat annoyed; until this year, I've automatically ruled out a French team as a possible winner of the CL. This year, however, I had a sense St.Germain might be able to at least reach the finale. But they have only shown that French teams sadly remain second-tier in Europe. Now, I hope Juventus Turin and Bayern München will be able to break the Spanish dominance. Perhaps even an English team: Manchester City.

To me this 1973 encounter between 1.F.C. Kaiserslautern and Bayern München is the greatest remontada ever. 

I was watching the match in a boarding school in the Black Forrest surrounded by 40 boys of my form, all of whom were cheering for Bayern München. 

I was the only 1. F. C. Kaiserslautern supporter. 

It was terrible: 0:1, 0:2, 0:3, 1:3, 1:4. 

40 guys laughing at me.

And then: 2:4, 3:4, 4:4, 5:4, 6:4, and finally 7:4. 

I was the only one left in the room making a commotion, rioting no less noisily than the 40 Bayern supporters had just a few minutes ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment